Our email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Website Use
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
WHAT’S IN THESE TERMS?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website http://heartisania.com (“Our Site”).
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
http://heartisania.com is a site operated by Heartisania Limited (”We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 9941722 and have our registered office at 2-3 Stable Court, Herriard Park, Herriard, Hampshire, RG25 2PL. Our main trading address is 2-3 Stable Court, Herriard Park, Herriard, Hampshire, RG25 2PL.
We are a limited company.
To contact us, please email email@example.com or telephone our customer service line on 07767754193.
BY USING OUR SITE YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use Our Site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
THERE ARE OTHER TERMS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU
- Our Acceptable Use Policy which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of Our Site. When using Our Site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
If you purchase goods from Our Site, our terms and conditions of supply will apply to the sales.
Please take the time to read these, as they include important terms which apply to you.
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use Our Site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO OUR SITE
We may update and change Our Site from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our users’ needs and our business priorities.
WE MAY SUSPEND OR WITHDRAW OUR SITE
Our Site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that Our Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of Our Site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
YOU MUST KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS SAFE
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW YOU MAY USE MATERIAL ON OUR SITE
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in Our Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from Our Site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on Our Site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on Our Site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on Our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us or our licensors.
DO NOT RELY ON INFORMATION ON THIS SITE
The content on Our Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on Our Site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on Our Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied that the content on Our Site is accurate, complete or up to date.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WEBSITES WE LINK TO
Where Our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
USER-GENERATED CONTENT IS NOT APPROVED BY US
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on Our Site do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us on email@example.com.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our terms and conditions of supply.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to Our Site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, Our Site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on Our Site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide Our Site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use Our Site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to Our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on Our Site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VIRUSES AND YOU MUST NOT INTRODUCE THEM
We do not guarantee that Our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access Our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse Our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to Our Site, the server on which Our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to Our Site. You must not attack Our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use Our Site will cease immediately.
RULES ABOUT LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to Our Site in any website that is not owned by you.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on Our Site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHICH COUNTRY’S LAWS APPLY TO ANY DISPUTES?
To contact us, please email email@example.com
Heartisania Limited (”We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Heartisania Limited, 2-3 Stable Court, Herriard Park, Herriard, Hampshire, RG25 2PL.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site http://heartisania.com (“Our Site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use Our Site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on Our Site, and when you report a problem with Our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to Our Site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information and browser type and version.
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (“URL”), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer Our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve Our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep Our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Heartisania Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use at www.allaboutcookies.org.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after the end of your visit to the website.
Website Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Goods
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Products to you (“Contract”). Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any Products from Our Site. Please note that before placing an order you will be asked to agree to these Terms. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Products from Our Site.
We amend these Terms from time to time as set out in clause 6. Every time you wish to order Products, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time. These Terms were most recently updated on 26/09/2016 when we changed clauses 1.1 and 2.1.
These Terms, and any Contract between us, are only in the English language.
1. Information about us
1.1. We operate the website http://heartisania.co.uk. We are Heartisania Limited a company registered in England and Wales under company number 9941722 and with our registered office at 2-3 Stable Court, Herriard Park, Herriard, Hampshire, RG25 2PL. Our main trading address is 2-3 Stable Court, Herriard Park, Herriard, Hampshire, RG25 2PL.
1.2. Contacting us:
(a) To cancel a Contract in accordance with your legal right to do so as set out in clause 7, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to e-mail us at email@example.com or contact our Customer Services team by telephone on 07767754193 If you are emailing us or writing to us please include details of your order to help us to identify it. If you send us your cancellation notice by e-mail or by post, then your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the e-mail or post the letter to us.
(b) If you wish to contact us for any other reason, including because you have any complaints, you can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 07767754193 or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(c) If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail or by pre-paid post to the address you provide to us in your order.
2. Our Products
2.1. The images of the Products on Our Site are for illustrative purposes only. As all of our Products are handmade, your Products may vary from those images appearing on our Site.
2.2. The packaging of the Products may vary from that shown on images on Our Site.
3. Use of our site
Your use of Our Site is governed by our Terms of Website Use and Website Acceptable Use Policy. Please take the time to read these, as they include important terms which apply to you.
4. How we use your personal information
5. How the contract is formed between you and us
5.1. Our shopping pages will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order with us. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process.
5.2. After you place an order, we will confirm to you our acceptance of that order by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the Products have been dispatched (Dispatch Confirmation). The Contract between us will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
5.3. If we are unable to supply you with a Product, for example because that Product is not in stock or no longer available or because we cannot meet your requested delivery date or because of an error in the price on Our Site as referred to in clause 10.5, we will inform you of this by e-mail and we will not process your order.
6. Our right to vary these Terms
6.1. We amend these Terms from time to time. Please look at the top of this page to see when these Terms were last updated and which Terms were changed.
6.2. Every time you order Products from us, the Terms in force at the time of your order will apply to the Contract between you and us.
6.3. We may revise these Terms as they apply to your order from time to time to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
6.4. If we have to revise these Terms as they apply to your order, we will contact you to give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and let you know how to cancel the Contract if you are not happy with the changes. You may cancel either in respect of all the affected Products or just the Products you have yet to receive. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return (at our cost) any relevant Products you have already received and we will arrange a full refund of the price you have paid, including any delivery charges.
7. Your right of return and refund
7.1. You have a legal right to cancel a Contract during the period set out below in clause 7.3. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want to receive or keep a Product, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract and receive a refund. Advice about your legal right to cancel the Contract is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
7.2. However, this cancellation right does not apply in the case of any Products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
7.3. Your legal right to cancel a Contract starts from the date of the Dispatch Confirmation (the date on which we e-mail you to confirm our acceptance of your order), which is when the Contract between us is formed. Your deadline for cancelling the Contract then depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered, as set out in the table below:
|Your Contract||End of the cancellation period|
|Your Contract is for a single Product (which is not delivered in instalments on separate days).||The end date is the end of 14 days after the day on which you receive the Product.
Example: if we provide you with a Dispatch Confirmation on 1 January and you receive the Product on 10 January you may cancel at any time between 1 January and the end of the day on 24 January.
7.4. To cancel a Contract, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to e-mail us at email@example.com or contact our customer services team by telephone on 07767754193. If you are e-mailing us or writing to us please include details of your order to help us to identify it. If you send us your cancellation notice by e-mail or by post, then your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the e-mail or post the letter to us. For example, you will have given us notice in time as long as you get your letter into the last post on the last day of the cancellation period or e-mail us before midnight on that day.
7.5. If you cancel your Contract we will:
(a) refund you the price you paid for the Products. However, please note we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
(b) refund any delivery costs you have paid, although, as permitted by law, the maximum refund will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer (provided that this is a common and generally acceptable method).
(c) make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within the deadlines indicated below:
(i) if you have received the Product and we have not offered to collect it from you: 14 days after the day on which we receive the Product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the Product back to us. For information about how to return a Product to us, see clause 7.8;
(ii) if you have not received the Product or you have received it and we have offered to collect it from you: 14 days after you inform us of your decision to cancel the Contract.
7.6. If you have returned the Products to us under this clause 7 because they are faulty or mis-described, we will refund the price of the Products in full, together with any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us.
7.7. We will refund you on the credit card or debit card used by you to pay.
7.8. If a Product has been delivered to you before you decide to cancel your Contract:
(a) then you must return it to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days after the day on which you let us know that you wish to cancel the Contract.
(b) unless the Product is faulty or not as described (in this case, see clause 7.6), you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Products to us. If the Product is one which cannot be returned by post, we estimate that if you use the carrier which delivered the Product to you, these costs should not exceed the sums we charged you for delivery.
7.9. Because you are a consumer, we are under a legal duty to supply Products that are in conformity with this Contract. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by your right of return and refund in this clause 7 or anything else in these Terms. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
8.1. We will contact you with an estimated delivery date, which will be within 10 days after the date of the Dispatch Confirmation (the date on which we e-mail you to confirm our acceptance of your order). Occasionally our delivery to you may be affected by an Event Outside Our Control. See clause 13 for our responsibilities when this happens.
8.2. We use Royal Mail tracked and signed, next day or standard delivery, for delivery of Our Products and delivery will on these terms (as found on the Royal Mail website).
8.3. Delivery of an Order shall be completed when we deliver the Products to the address you gave us and the Products will be your responsibility from that time.
8.4. You own the Products once we have received payment in full, including all applicable delivery charges.
8.5. If we miss the 10 day delivery deadline for any Products, then you may cancel your Order straight away if any of the following apply:
(a) we have refused to deliver the Products;
(b) delivery within the delivery deadline was essential (taking into account all the relevant circumstances); or
(c) you told us before we accepted your order that delivery within the delivery deadline was essential.
8.6. If you do not wish to cancel your order straight away, or do not have the right to do so under clause 8.5, you can give us a new deadline for delivery, which must be reasonable, and you can cancel your order if we do not meet the new deadline.
8.7. If you do choose to cancel your order for late delivery under clause 8.6 or clause 8.7, you can do so for just some of the Products or all of them, unless splitting them up would significantly reduce their value. If the Products have been delivered to you, you will have to return them to us or allow us to collect them, and we will pay the costs of this. After you cancel your Order we will refund any sums you have paid to us for the cancelled Products and their delivery.
9. No international delivery
9.1. Unfortunately, we do not delivery to addresses outside the UK.
9.2. You may place an order for Products from outside the UK, but this order must be for delivery to an address in the UK.
10. Price of products and delivery charges
10.1. The prices of the Products will be as quoted on Our Site at the time you submit your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices of Products are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. However please see clause 10.5 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of Product(s) you ordered.
10.2. Prices for our Products may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order you have already placed.
10.3. The price of a Product includes VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK for the time being. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the Products in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
10.4. The price of a Product does not include delivery charges. Our delivery charges are as advised to you during the check-out process, before you confirm your order.
10.5. Our Site contains a large number of Products. It is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts, some of the Products on Our Site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that:
(a) where the Product’s correct price is less than the price stated on Our Site, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Products to you; and
(b) if the Product’s correct price is higher than the price stated on Our Site, we will contact you as soon as possible to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the Product at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing. However, if we mistakenly accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may cancel supply of the Product and refund you any sums you have paid.
11. How to pay
11.1. You can only pay for Products using a Visa Card or MasterCard debit card or credit card.
11.2. Payment for the Products and all applicable delivery charges is in advance. We will not charge your debit card or credit card until we dispatch your order.
12. Our liability
12.1. If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into this contract.
12.2. We only supply the Products for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the product for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
12.3. We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
(b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession);
(d) any breach of the terms implied by section 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples); and
(e) defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
13. Events outside our control
13.1. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control is defined below in clause 13.2.
13.2. An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
13.3. If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract:
(a) we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
(b) our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of Products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
13.4. You may cancel a Contract affected by an Event Outside Our Control which has continued for more than 30 days. To cancel please contact us. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return (at our cost) any relevant Products you have already received and we will refund the price you have paid, including any delivery charges.
14. Other important terms
14.1. We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms.
14.2. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
14.3. This Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
14.4. Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
14.5. If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
14.6. Please note that these Terms are governed by English law. This means a Contract for the purchase of Products through Our Site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and we both agree to that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
We are here to assist you. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, concerns or comments.
What if I would like to make a complaint? If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of your Heartisania experience, call us on +44 (0) 7767 754 193 or email at email@example.com and we will do our best to resolve any issues.
Do you offer discounts? At the moment we do not offer any discounts. But if you sign up to our newsletter, we will notify you on coming sales and discounts. If you are a professional decorator and would like to discuss permanent special terms, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will gladly discuss.